Monday, September 1, 2008

Grateful Heart

This weekend has been an especially emotional one. My friend Erin had her baby on Friday. Her daughter, Sam, only lived 6 hours and passed. This past couple of days, especially today after the funereal has made me think about my own mortality. This feeling of gratefulness and sorrow have filled my heart in such a huge way. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for our son, Ethan. I am grateful that I listened to the Dr.'s and my Aunt Laurie to get the C-section. Had I not, I might be experiencing the same grief Erin is going through. I am grateful that I have the knowledge of our Heavenly Father's plan for us. Without a knowledge of our Eternal purpose, I am not sure that I would be able to survive grief, of any kind. I am grateful that Ethan has come to this earth and is a part of my family. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father trusts me with his precious son. The role of being a parent is an extraordinary one. One that I am honored to fulfill. My heart goes out to all of those that aren't able to fill this divine role, because I know the struggle and heartache of not being able to. I am grateful for Ethan and love him more than I ever thought possible.

0 comments: