Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Katelyn!


We went to Illinois to visit Ethan's new cousin, my adorable niece, Katelyn, for her first birthday. It was such a wonderful visit. I have wanted to visit her since she was born, but since she's only 10 weeks older than Ethan, this has been our first opportunity. It was so fun to go to Katelyn's birthday party. She had so many people there. Most of everyone was from Kari's side of the family. But my dad flew in from Arizona and my mom flew with us from OKC to be there. I made her cake, a Blue's Clues cake. it was such a disaster. It didn't all come out of the pan, which would have been OK - except I dropped a full tub of icing in it and ruined it. I felt so bad and started crying. But my mom helped me to KIND OF salvage it. It still looked horrible. But she had so many cute decorations and she received a TON of gifts. It was hilarious because she hated wearing the hat. But as soon as she tried the cake, the crying started to fade as a big smile replaced the frown. The poor girl was exhausted but was such a great party girl!

Oh, and Kari's mom made the BEST egg salad sandwiches and a salad called Taffy Apple Salad. Here's the deal - I told Sharon, Kari's mom, that I HAD to have the recipe for the egg salad. It was just fantastic - I hate it when I make it. She laughed and said she just added mayo and mixed it up. I felt so retarded. I guess I've always tried to make it too complicated. :) The Taffy Apple salad was so yummy and I really don't like apples, not even apple pie. So I was surprised when I loved it!

Happy Birthday Katelyn!!! We love you!!!

0 comments: