Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Shower

I felt inspired to have a baby shower for a woman in our ward that is fairly new and doesn't know a lot of people. I decided to make cup cakes instead of a cake. I also had to make a cream filled Italian Cream Cake for a dinner party my mom had. So I decided to make them all the day before. I spent ALL day making everything. The cupcakes were so yummy. I made two kinds - a vanilla cake with Cinnamon cream cheese filling and whipped frosting and then a chocolate cake with custard filling. They were great. I placed plastic wrap on them and put them in the oven for "safe keeping" over night. The next morning I knew I had a few other things to bake so I started to pre-heat the oven and went about doing other things - laundry, shower, made my bed etc. I walked into the kitchen and it was all smokey. I opened the oven and they were all burned and the plastic wrap was EVERYWHERE! Grrrr..... Where was my head! I had to make them all over again, so I just did plain ole' cupcakes. I just didn't have it in me to do them again. (Plus I was starting to get a cold and didn't feel good!) Anyway, it turned out really nice and I am so thankful I did it. I am not sure why I was personally inspired to do this for her, since I had never talked to her, but I know that she needed to have something fun in her life and am grateful I was able to help her.
Ethan had a total blast with her balloons! I don't have any pictures of her, Chris took them, but is a cute one of Ethan.

0 comments: