Sunday, January 4, 2009

Young Women

Today I was released as Young Women's President. They re-organized YW, YM and Primary. I expected myself to feel one way, but ended up feeling totally different than I thought. It's been over 4 years since I was called to serve in YW. The first three years were amazing, but this past year has been so hard on me. I started as second councilor to one of my favorite people, Chris Tanner. When she was released I was called as President. I've loved working with the young women. I was shocked, still am, that my Bishop called me, but I am so grateful for the experience. I have served many wonderful, beautiful and talented young girls. I love them all. I had a "feeling" that my time was coming to an end. Although I am grateful to be released, I am also sad that I won't get to see my youngest girls move through the stages. I have so many wonderful memories of these girls. Girls camp, youth conference, Wednesday night activities and yes, even the sleepovers at my house were wonderful. My oldest girls are all grown up, some married, in college and or about to get married. The others have grown just as quickly and I am sad I won't be there to see them grow up. I think back to so many laughs we had over silly things. I think the hardest we laughed, and still laugh at, is Kelly Batt, another leader, bringing her fart machine to camp and hiding it in her pants. We were all horrified that she would toot right in front of us! So many great times over the years!

I have had the privilege of having wonderful councilors that I have served with. Kristal Cantwell was the first I served with - she was the first councilor and I was the second. We went to camp together and had so much fun. She remained the first councilor when I was called. I love her so dearly and have loved getting to know her. Lexie Sautter was our second councilor. I loved having her in YW. She was always so willing to help and has a million talents. I wish our time together wasn't so short. Kim Cook and Lisa Poling were my councilors when I was released. Oh how I love them. Kim, a dear friend anyway, rode with me every week. She understood my concerns and frustrations. She made me laugh and even laughed at me even during the difficult moments. Lisa, whom I didn't know when I asked for her to be called, I loved immediately. She has so many Divine qualities. I knew she would have to be great because her husband is. I liked working with him while he served in the Bishopric. Lisa was always so ready to do whatever was asked, and even the things that weren't asked. She helped me on more than one occasion when I needed someone. I will always love her and am so grateful to know her. Besides the wonderful spiritual qualities, she likes my husbands hair band music. :) Who would have guessed???
Not working with these women and the other leaders will be the saddest for me. I love them and am so grateful to them.


A Picture that Jeff made for each girl. He Photoshopped them into the picture.
Youth Conference and Camp pictures.



5 comments:

Cook Creations said...

I guess that we had the same idea!! I loved serving with you too! Thanks for all that you did for me and taught me.

Anonymous said...

Hello Charly,
Here is the recipe for the brownies.
2 boxes of your favorite Brownie mix and follow the directions on the boxes.
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
2 cups miniture marshmallows
Combine all ingredients. Spread on 9X13 pan. Bakae at 350 for about 30 minutes, Just before done sprinkle coconut on top and bake just until the coconut lightly browns.

lexie said...

You are amazing! The girls were so lucky to have had you with them for so long. I know they will miss you tons. I enjoyed my time working with you as well. Maybe we will do it agian some time.

jeanine said...

I didn't know you blogged! I am glad that you left a note on mine! This was a great post... I'll miss working with you when we have combined activities...

Carrie said...

You have such the personality for YW's. I am the MiaMaid Advisor and it is so hard for me. It is getting easier. It is hard to feel connected to the girls b/c I don't know if they really care. When we were growing up in Enid it was sooo different. We were and wanted to be close with our leaders. Such good times!! So do you have a new calling yet?