Sunday, May 11, 2008

Blessing





He wore the special booties Granny made for him and we used the sweet blanket Aunt Ann knitted for him. Thank you both so much!!!

So today was Ethan's special day. Today he was given his blessing. His Uncle Terrance Thedell blessed him. What a joyous time for all of us, but especially for his Dad and I. Uncle Terrance gave him such a beautiful blessing, one that was prompted only by the Spirit and our Heavenly Father. Ethan fussed for the majority of his blessing. But his blessing was one of great emotion and peace for me. I am so grateful to those that participated, especially Terrance. How grateful I am for the restored Gospel in which we have the Priesthood! I am grateful that we are able to bless our babies, to bring them up in the gospel. I am grateful that my son will be able to have the priesthood one day and be able to bless his children. Oh what a joy!






Those that came for his blessing are:

His Granny - Mrs. Aleen Wakefield
The Thedell Family - Uncle Terrance, Aunt Celeen, Cousins -Sterling, Lecil, Corrienne, Levi, Brigham. Also Jerrica and our newest cousin, Ben, her soon to be husband.
The Guenin Famiy - Uncle Dan, Aunt Laurie and our little cousin Joseph.
His Aunt Ann - or Andy as I like to call her.
His Nana and Aunt Sarah

Thank you to all that partcipated in his blessing.

Uncle Terrance, Uncle Dan, Sterling, Bishop Tanner, Tommy Cook









Uncle Terrance and Aunt Celeen


Our family came a long way, some 6 hours, to be here. We are so grateful to you! We love you so much!!!

0 comments: