Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Baby Update

I went to the Dr. this morning. I am still not progressing, I've been the same for about 5-6 weeks. The baby's head is REALLY low and I am 50% effaced, but no dialation. We wanted to be induced today, which she was happy to do, but the hospital is full until Sunday night. I about started crying - I just want it over with. But she said I would go in Sunday evening at 5 and they would insert the cervadil. That may or may not start labor. When we first started talking about inducing, she said if it didn't work that we could stop it to avoid a C-section. But since I will already be past my due date, she said that we won't stop the induction... Let's hope it works!!!
She sent me for an ultrasound to see the position and size of baby. Both look good...

The ultrasound showed that he was 7lbs 15oz. (what's one ounce? He's 8lbs). It can be off up to a pound either way. So I could have a 7lb baby or a 9lb baby. Lets hope for the 7lb. He is face down like he should be. We couldn't see the face at all because he was real low and facing my back. It was kind of strange to see a faceless head... I'll probably have nightmares - great.


Anyway - that's the scoop. I am not real thrilled, but will do what I have to I guess. (not much choice! :-))

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Good Luck!!! I hope everything goes very smooth!!

lexie said...

Good luck! I know you will do fine. Call me when you fill up to visitors and we will swing by.