Friday, March 14, 2008

A Name

When we first found out I was pregnant, we decided on a name for a girl right away. And kind of for a boy. A girl would have been Rylee Janeel. The boy would have been Jeffery Ryan - we would call him Ryan. We thought Ryan and Rylee would have been so cute. But when we discovered we were having a boy, the whole name thing went out the window. Ryan just became too blah for me and I didn't LOVE it. So we started the search for a boy name. Or rather, I did. Jeff didn't like ANYTHING. He is one of those that associates names with people he knows. Every name I chose he knew someone in 3rd grade that picked his nose. My uncle said that since all 3rd graders pick their noses, we needed to weed out the ones that ate their boogers. Not helpful, but funny just the same.
So for the past few months, we have talked and talked. Jeff would always say no and never come up with anything but silly names. He started telling people at church that we were going to name him JEDIDIAH MONTEGO. What the heck is that!!! He then told them that we were going to call him Jedi. I was constantly going behind him telling people that he really was kidding. Horrible!!!
So we have a name. FINALLY. 2 weeks before he is scheduled to arrive. (Hopefully sooner!!) It's not so much that my husband said yes as it was that he didn't say NO. I'm going with it.

ETHAN JEFFERY

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I love the name!! Can't wait to see the little guy! Are you just soooo ready?