Friday, March 14, 2008

"Senior Prom"


Even though I am in YW, I had the bright idea to mention an idea that I had for an activity to our Bishop in ward council. I figured he would forward the idea on to the activities committee, but instead - he told me to plan it. By the time it happened, I was 34 weeks and the baby had just dropped. REALLY low! My idea was to have a SENIOR PROM for all of the "old" people in the ward. Basically the adults. :-) My councilor and I started planning it. It turned into a pretty big deal. We asked for attendees to send us "their" song. We decorated the whole gym and had a really nice meal. For dessert, we had a chocolate fountain with a ton of things to be dipped. We even made a balloon arch for prom pictures. It took us weeks to plan it. The temple workers had a huge conference the same morning so we had only a few hours to set up. Our YM Pres. really stepped in and helped set up along with our RS president (my visiting teacher and one of my favorite people in the whole world!) and her sweet husband. He hung all the lights for me since I couldn't get on a ladder. Everyone really helped out!
I woke up feeling really horrible. I had contractions and a lower back ache the WHOLE day and night. But I just kept plugging along. I was in so much pain. But it was such an important night that I just ignored it and kept working. I am so thankful everyone helped so much! Cleanup only took an hour because everyone helped so much! It was awesome!!!

0 comments: