Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a favorite for most. I love it. I love the days building up to it, the actual day and black Friday. I love the whole weekend. For several years we have gone to Missouri for Thanksgiving to be with our family. We usually stay at Aunt Celeen's along with my other aunt, Laurie. This year Brittany stayed the night too so that we could all go shopping together. I love this time we have together, getting all of the good bargains and just laughing. I always laugh so much when I'm with my family. We love playing games and wrestling! Our newest favorite is Ticket to Ride!










This year we have SO much to be thankful for. Our little one, Ethan, was born this year. We have been waiting for him to come join our family for so long. We are so grateful for him. Our hearts are so full of joy when we think about him, look at him and even hear him cry. I can't imagine my life without him. I don't know how I carried on before him. We are both so grateful to our Heavenly Father for bringing him to us.
We are thankful for our business. House Calls has been a great provider for our family. It is a lot of stress and a lot of work, more than a normal 9-5 job, but we are so thankful to work for ourselves. We are grateful that our business allows me to stay at home with our son. We are grateful that Jeff is able to do something he loves. We are grateful that despite the financial crisis that so many are facing, it has not slowed down our business.
I am thankful for my Savior. I am grateful for my knowledge of him. I am grateful for the sacrifice that he has made for me. I am grateful for Eternal families. I am so thankful that we can be as a family after this life. I am grateful that we don't end when we die.
I am grateful for my family. I have an AMAZING husband and son. I have a mother and father whom I love, I have a grandmother who has been an angel to me for my whole life and I have amazing aunts that have helped me to be who I am today. I am so thankful for all of them.

1 comments:

lexie said...

Wow! When you update you really update! Happy late birthday! And you are not old! I loved the pictures of Ethan as a monkey! They are just so dang cute!