Monday, December 8, 2008

Worried

As mentioned in my last post, we went to the OU Children's hospital for Ethan's ultrasound. The stupid ultrasound tech guy told us he looked great, but even as we sat there - I wondered. He spent a lot of time on Ethan's one side. But when he said it all looked good, then I didn't worry as much. We had an appt to get Ethan's second flu shot today so I reminded the nurse to try to get the results.


Dr. Adair called about 6 and said that Ethan has hydronephrosis. She said it had progressed since his last ultrasound. They told us when they first found it that it was just physiological and would be fine. Today, she said that on one hand his kidneys were growing and normal in size but she had a contradicting report that said they were too small... She said the hydronephrosis was a level 1, which means not severe. But we have to see a urologist to see what he thinks.
I am sure that everything will probably be just fine, but I am so scared...I just want my little boy to be healthy and happy.



Update.... Our appointment is not until February. When I freaked a little about waiting so long, I was told the Dr. reviewed his reports and scans and they felt it was OK to wait that long, that he was in danger... So that is a HUGE relief!

5 comments:

Stine said...

So sorry you have to go through this. Sometimes the waiting and not knowing part is the hardest. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

lexie said...

Sorry the results turned out a little scary. Hopefully they are just being overly cautious and it really is no big deal.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Charly so to hear baby Ethan is not feeling well. We will keep him in our prayers.

BritCosplay said...

ahhh! I will pray for him and for you!

Brooks Family ♥ said...

I'm sorry! We will keep you guys in our prayers.